Saturday, September 13, 2008

Change of Seasons


It is officially Fall to me now. The US Open (tennis) has been played. Alabama is playing. (football) And my boys had their first Fall Ball game tonight. (baseball) I LOVE the ballpark. I grew up playing softball and couldn't be happier that they enjoy baseball as much as they do. It would be fine with me if they played for many, many more years.
But we have definitely entered a new world by moving up to the Minor League. Bunting. Stealing bases. Balls and Strikes. And the biggest change: kid-pitch. Wow. BIG change.  A lot of hit batters. A lot of walks on balls. And for Lee and me this time, a lot of nervous energy as we watched Elijah try his hand at pitching for the very first time. And wow, he rocked! Reese had a great game, too, so it was a successful Opening Day for the Black Family. Here's an action shot for you........ don't you just love the determination on his little face?

No comments: