Saturday, September 27, 2008

Marriage Mantra

I'm in a Precept Bible study right now called "Marriage Without Regrets." It's a Kay Arthur inductive study where she has us constantly digging into the Hebrew and Greek to get to the root of what God was saying. I've learned a lot, been challenged a lot, been convicted a lot. I'm looking forward to all that God wants to teach me over the rest of this study

Last night, 5 of us from the class, went to see the movie, "Fireproof." What a great job they did with the topic of working through the hard times in a marriage. One of the best lines was when Kirk Cameron's father told him to "lead his heart." In this day and age of  if-it-feels-good-do-it, and follow-your-heart, if was refreshing to be reminded that as Christians, our challenge is to follow Jesus' example of loving through serving. And that does require making a conscious choice to lead my heart sometimes. Most of the time, really. 

I want to make that my daily choice as I try to be the wife that God intended me to be for Lee.

No comments: