Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Water works

I'm not a crier. I've always wanted to be. I have girlfriends who are moved to tears so quickly, that I feel very "hard" when I compare myself to them. Usually, to bring tears, something has to hurt me really badly or make me really, really mad. Unless it's God. For as far back as I can remember, when He speaks to me, it always makes me cry. It's become some sort of crazy litmus test almost: no tears, not from God. I know, I know, weird.

For a few weeks now, I've had something that I've been wrestling with. A lot of prayer, a lot of sleepless nights. Just a decision that I want to be very sure about. Well, today, out of the blue, I had TWO things move me deeply....... and yes, there were definitely tears. One was an email and article I read that concerned the "issue" I've been praying about. The other, while totally unexpected, was by far the one that hit me the hardest. 
Wow. God is that really you??

No comments: