Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chasing that Proverbs 31 Woman!


Today was "Walk Your Child To School" Day for my children. All four of them. 2 different schools. 2 different meeting places. Same time.

Today was stormy. Here is a radar image of our area:








 
That long line to the right of Mobile? Just passed through Fairhope. 

But I've really been trying to work on those godly-woman qualities that I've been learning about in my "Marriage Without Regrets" study. This week's lesson has been on the woman described in Proverbs 31:10-31. You know the one, I'm sure. And while there is nothing specific in those verses about walking to school with your children in the rain, I know my children (the ones who are supposed to "rise up and call me blessed") appreciated it. They laughed. They played in the rain. Hopefully, they will remember it as a good thing when they're grown and wanting to blame me for something.

Now I'm back home, dried off and working on another "project" for another member of my household. Apparently, in a cleaning fit last week, I threw away Lee's new (and unread) "Singing News." I should have dug it out of the garbage last night, but there were other things going on......... homework, a baseball practice, and a report due Thursday that requires pictures, props, costume, etc.......... did I mention it stormed this morning? So, there is now a magazine "baking" in my oven. That ought to be worth a "rising up and blessing" from Lee. Hey...... whatever it takes. I'm in this to win it!                                 

No comments: