Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wild Creatures (who love animals!)

A few weeks ago, my kids got to attend a program called, "Creatures of Creation" which is a "non-profit, donor-supported ministry which aspires to glorify God by providing educational and entertaining family resources and outreach programs that focus on God's amazing creatures from a Biblical perspective." In other words, learning about God through fun with animals.

They came home talking non-stop about all the cool critters that they'd seen, heard, touched, and learned about. They also told me that they'd had a picture made with an alligator, but I'd forgotten all about it until a friend brought Annie a copy of their picture today. Apparently, this 7-foot-long beauty is Auggie:

I'm glad they got this "up close and personal" learning experience, but I still wouldn't want to run into Auggie in a dark alley. Well, you know what I mean.

No comments: