Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Happy Joy Joy


I woke up and jumped out of bed today before I was even awake. Why? Lee's coming home! Yes, he travels to Nashville a good deal. Yes, this time was even a day shorter than usual. Yes, we've been married over 15 years. YES.........I still miss him terribly when he's gone and SO look forward to his coming back.

OK, since I've become a parent, every single time I teach, explain, fuss, encourage, even just talk to my children I hear this voice in my head saying, "that's what God is saying to you." Weird, I know, but it happens ALL the time. Anyway, this morning as I was thinking about it being Friday and Lee coming home, and basically doing the happy dance, I just stopped. Does God feel like this when he knows one of His family is coming home? Was last January 26th a "happy" day for Him, looking forward to seeing my Dad? That just gave me a chill..........the good kind.

Psalm 116:15................."precious in the eye of the Lord is the death of one of His saints."

Awwww........I just now got an email from Lee and it sounds like he's looking forward to coming home to us, too.

Gotta get kids to school!!
Mel

2 comments:

hearuslaugh said...

oh! i can't believe it! i get to be the first commenter on your new blog!! i am so proud of you for starting! i can't tell you how i even found it. i think i saw a comment that you made on Sue's blog and realized that i could click your name and landed here. however i got here, i am excited to be here...makes me feel just a step closer to your world!
love you and miss you lots!!!
Susan

Melissa said...

You bet He's dancing! !!