Friday, November 23, 2007

If someone blogs, but no one reads it..............




does it make any noise? what? I guess that's just the voice (one of them) in my head, saying, "why in the world would you want to waste any time at all writing a blog when no one's going to ever read it?" But.... when I was a young girl, I kept a diary. When I got older, I kept a journal. No one read those (I hope), but I still wrote. So, here goes.

All is quiet here tonight. Girls at a sleep-over. Boys in bed after watching "Transformers." Hubby asleep in bed. (after sleeping on the couch during "Transformers.") It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here. We spent most of the day making the transition from Fall/Thanksgiving to Christmas decorations. It helped that a cold front blew through yesterday and it's beginnning to feel a lot like Christmas, too. It's my absolute favorite time. I love everything that Christmas is. The sounds, the smells, the twinkling lights, the counting down the days, the wonder in my kids' eyes. But right now, even though our "prettiest tree ever" is twinkling away, my heart hurts for what this Christmas is......my first without my Dad. This whole year has been full of "firsts" without him, but the next month will be the hardest by far. Each day gets a little closer to Dec. 26th, the day he went back into the hospital and never came back home. He loved Christmas, too. Picking out a great tree. Seeing his three girls (and all of our families) coming in with tons of presents. (and knowing that we'd be leaving again, too!) Mostly, he loved all the food. He's just such a big part of all my Christmas Past, that I'm not sure how my Christmas Present is supposed to look. But God is good and faithful and He's helping me figure it all out. See? Writing this has been cathartic tonight. So, there is good in this blogging thing. Now, I'm going to join the rest of my snoozing family.

I miss you, Dad.
Mel

No comments: