Sunday, November 25, 2007

I love a rainy night..........


What a great storm outside right now. Satellite's already knocked out. Thunder's booming. I keep expecting the kids to come out of their rooms any minute now. That brings back memories of when the older three were babies and we lived in TN. They all slept upstairs while our room was down. Maggie had a huge, uncovered arched window in her room, so anytime a thunderstorm came through, she'd wake up screaming, "I don't like the funder!!" In the middle of the night, I'd be half-way up the stairs before I even woke up. They're all growing up now, and I'm trying to instill in them a love for a good storm. There's just something so wonderful about cycling through sleeping/waking/sleeping during the rain and thunder. Oh, and I HATE when a good storm comes through right before the alarm goes off..........what a waste!!

Lee's sitting five feet away on the couch typing away on his own blog. What a weird world we live in, huh? Maybe we'll learn things about each other that we wouldn't have learned otherwise.
We had a good Thanksgiving break, but I'm still tired. It's going to be hard to get back into that getting-ready-for-school routine in the morning. But hey, only 3 weeks and 2 days til Christmas Break!!

Mel

No comments: