Saturday, August 16, 2008

Feeling a bit shown up...........

For a 43-year-old, stay-at-home, needs-to-lose-30-pounds, always-tired wife and mom, tonight was NOT the night to be watching Olympic coverage if I were looking for a "you're right where you're supposed to be" pat on the back! 

First, it was Romania's Constantina Tomescu, 38, winning the Women's Marathon as the "oldest Olympic marathon gold-medal winner ever!" 

Then, to top that, there's US Swimmer, Dara Torres. 41-years old. Mom of a toddler. She's now competed (and medaled!) in FIVE Olympic games. I just can't begin to wrap my mind around that.

But as a woman, I am so proud of both of them. And as I licked the last of my Extreme Chocolate ice cream off my spoon, I committed to "do better" at getting my big behind moving more starting this coming week!

No comments: