Friday, August 15, 2008

Anticipation

It's makin' me late. It's keepin' me wai-ai-ai-ai-ai-itin'. (anyone picturing ketchup?) I'm not. Well, OK, I did for a minute. But what I'm really looking forward to is Lee walking in the door in about 6 hours. On his writing weeks, he usually stays in Nashville until Saturday morning, so we don't see him 'til late that afternoon. He didn't have any writing appointments booked for this afternoon, though, so he decided to just head on back our way. Whoo-hoo! Sounds like he's had a good trip: 3 writing appointments, 3 really good songs. "Lord, please find the perfect homes for these songs. Amen." 
I'm not even telling the kids that he's coming home tonight. They're used to his being back on Saturday afternoon, so if I tell them, they'll be all keyed up and won't want to sleep tonight which will NOT be good. How fun that they can just wake up and "find" him here in the morning? Hopefully, this first week of having to get up earlier for school will have them tired enough that we can all sleep just a little later tomorrow!

Counting down the hours!

1 comment:

gina boe said...

Hi Melissa! Thanks for your comments on my blog. Just returning the favor!

Have a great day!