Monday, October 13, 2008

In Sickness And In Health (A Bump in the Road)

I finally gave up fighting "The Crud" yesterday and just spent most of the day in bed. I can't remember the last time I've missed church because I was sick. The kids? Sure. But me, not so much. This I just couldn't shake, though.  I can handle the snotty-then-stuffy-nose and the cough, but it's the fever that has just done me in. Aches. Burning hot then freezing cold. Yuck.

I had hoped that it would be a one-day-and-then-it's-gone kind of bug, but that was not to be the case. Lee was wonderful to take over all my usual duties with the kids and around the house. I am very thankful that if this had to happen, that it happened during his time here. I'm not sure how we would have worked it all out if he'd been writing in Nashville. But bless his heart, he jumped right in and juggled getting all four kids to their schools this morning and back home again, too. A good friend even made soup for our supper. I have felt loved and well-cared for.

I've also noticed the past two days just how any little change in routine messes with my kids. Seeing Mom or Dad not feeling well just kind of freaks them out a little bit. They are all usually really flexible and "go with the flow" kind of kids, but something about my being sick had them worried. They made me cards. They prayed for me. They were even quiet while I slept! I'm hoping to be back to "normal" for them when they wake up in the morning. 2 days is definitely enough down time. And let's not even think about the laundry.............

No comments: