Thursday, August 14, 2008

Going For the Gold!

I'm loving these Olympic Games because I HATE knowing ahead of time what the outcomes of the events are. I mean, why watch?? You just can't beat the thrill of watching "real-time" when the US Men come from behind to win the Swim Relay. What a finish!! (Take that, you smack-talkin' French!!) And the underdog US Men's Gymnastics team? Michael Phelps? individual kayak? Well, ok, not so much.........

I'm hating these Olympic Games because I'm staying up WAY too late every night to see who wins. I mean, seriously, I'm about to set my own world record for how little sleep a person can exist on! Tonight is the Women's Gymnastics Individual Events! Oh well, it will be over way too soon and I'll sleep then. 

Gotta go, I've got less than an hour to be productive before the coverage begins again!

ps How cool that I'd already written this blog AND added the countdown to the Bama game before I found the Bible verse application. Had no idea that the verse of the day would be "sports"-related! Guess I needed a reminder of the importance of focusing on the most important EVENT.

1 comment:

C.C. said...

I am right there with you! I LOVE the Olympics, especially the gymnastics. And, the fact that it's in Beijing is just icing on the cake:-)